Coca-Cola Summer Patricia Bright Social Media Competition Full T&C’s
These Terms and Conditions prevail in the event of any conflict or inconsistency with any other communications, including advertising or promotional materials. Entry and claim instructions are deemed to form part of the Terms and Conditions. Please retain a copy for your information.
Promoter: Coca-Cola Great Britain, 1A Wimpole Street, London W1G 0EA; no entries should be sent to this address.
Eligibility to enter / opening and closing dates
1. The draw is open to residents of Great Britain (England, Scotland and Wales), Channel Islands and the Isle of Man only, excluding employees (and their immediate families) of Coca-Cola Great Britain, Coca-Cola European Partners, their agencies, or anyone else professionally connected with the promotion.
2. Entrants will require Internet access to the promotional website and an active Instagram or Twitter account. If you do not have an Instagram or Twitter account you will need to create one in order to participate – you will require an active email address in order to do this.
3. Entrants must be 16 years or older (under 18s require parental/legal guardian consent to enter). Names and passports for all people travelling will need to be provided before the holiday prize can be booked. Winners & guests under 18 must have parental/legal consent and there must be a minimum of 1 guest over 18 taking part in each holiday.
4. Entrants must ensure they follow Coca-Cola on Instagram (@cocacolaeu) or Twitter (@cocacola_GB) so that they can be contacted via direct message or private message if they are chosen as a winner. Any entries received from private social media accounts will not be entered due to privacy restrictions. To enter from a private account you must amend your account settings to a public account in order for entry to be accepted. The account must remain public until the end of the promotion in order to be contacted in the event your entry is a winning entry.
5. Entrants are limited to one entry per channel throughout the promotional period.
6. The promotion opens on 26.06.17 at 20:00 and closes at midnight on 29.06.17 (the “entry period”).
How to Enter
7. To enter, share a selfie photo of yourself (and friends) with a promotional pack of Coca-Cola Classic, Diet Coke or Coca-Cola Zero Sugar with a label that reads ‘Koh Samui’ and tag Coca-Cola Instagram (@cocacolaeu) or Twitter (@cocacola_GB) with the promotional hashtag #CokeSummer and #FlyMeToKohSamui. An image must be in either .JPEG, .PNG, .JPG, .GIF and no more than 1,200 x 630 pixels in size.
8. Only genuine valid moderated entries will be entered into a prize draw.
9. By submitting an entry:
a. The entrant confirms that the photograph is of the entrant themselves only or of friends / family who they have the consent of and does not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any third party.
b. Any entry found to be copied, or a photograph of another person, or sourced from a commercial or third party library will be disqualified;
c. The entrant agrees not to assert any moral rights in relation to the use of the photograph by the Promoter where the moral rights in respect of the content are the entrant’s to assert, and procures that any moral rights of any third party will similarly not be asserted;
d. The entrant further warrants that the materials submitted are his/her original works and have not been copied, in whole or in part, from any third party and the entrant has full authority to grant these rights;
e. The photograph does not disclose any personal or confidential information belonging to the entrant or anyone else;
f. The photograph is not false, a misrepresentation, obscene, offensive, discriminatory or libelous; and
g. The entrant grants the Promoter a non-exclusive, worldwide, irrevocable, sub-licensable, transferrable, royalty free basis license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of or display the photograph. For clarity, the entrant retains all ownership rights in the photograph.
10. Any submission containing the following content will not be permitted and the entrant will be disqualified:
a. Content which is distasteful or offensive, or is of a sexual nature.
B Content for the intended purpose of harassing, threatening or embarrassing individuals or multiple individuals.
C Content featuring:
· Individuals smoking tobacco, drinking or appearing to be under the influence of alcohol.
· Any images which contain alcohol or tobacco products.
· The Activity, depiction or incitement to use drugs or any banned substances.
· Political parties, political messages or demonstrations.
· Blasphemous or religious imagery or any image deemed to incite religious hatred.
· Potentially defamatory or otherwise actionable material.
· Any image which infringes any copyright, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any third party.
· Third party promotional packaging, material or advertising.
· The depiction of the assembly of explosive materials, firearms or items deemed to be weapons of any nature.
· The depiction of individuals’ or companies’ names, phone numbers, email or postal addresses, or any other personal information deemed sensitive, private and/or unacceptable by the promoter.
· Any children under the age of 13.
11. By participating in the promotion the entrants license and grants the promoter an exclusive, royalty free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. Participants agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use where the moral rights in respect of the content are theirs to assert.
12. The Promoter reserves the right at its sole and absolute discretion to permanently remove any material that is deemed to be distasteful, degrading or will in any way cause offence or to disqualify any individual found to be attempting to circumvent the promotion by tampering with the operation of the promotion, setting up multiple accounts, using multiple identities, using rude, inappropriate, or profane statements or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be in violation of the terms and conditions; or to be acting in any manner deemed by the Promoter to be disruptive.
13. Anyone, who in the Promoter’s absolute discretion, is acting in a manner that undermines the operation and integrity of the promotion or in any way that gives an unfair advantage, will be disqualified and any persons seeking to use such information gained will be disqualified.
14. Incomplete, illegal, misdirected or late entries will not be accepted.
15. All entries will be strictly monitored by the Promoter and their third party adjudicators throughout and any attempts to manipulate or otherwise unfairly influence the results will result in disqualification of entry or suspension of the promotion.
16. One entry per person per channel only. One prize available to be won over the promotional period.
17. There is 1 holiday prize package to be won. The prize package consist of a 7 night, half board holiday for 4 people to Koh Samui, at a 4 star hotel.
18. In the unlikely event that half board accommodation is not available over the Winners desired dates, Winners will be offered a choice to change the travel dates
19. The prize includes economy flights from the Winner’s closest International UK airport from where the flight falls under the price cap and travel insurance but excludes UK transfers and any additional expenses not mentioned.
20. The Winner and guests are responsible for all expenses not expressly stated in these Terms and Conditions as being included as part of the prize. All other costs and expenses incurred from the holiday including, but not limited to additional travel, transfers, visas (if required), excursions, accommodation, meals and drinks as required, spending money, tips and other gratuities are the Winner’s and their guests own.
21. The Winner and their guests must book their holiday within 6 weeks from initial contact with Promoter’s travel agent, JTB Europe Ltd. (“JTB”) and travel within 12 months from the date of the initial contact with JTB. Holidays cannot be transferred or postponed to a later date once booked and must be redeemed within the time period stated.
22. There must be a minimum of 4 weeks from when travel is booked to when the Winner and their guest travel. Travel will be restricted during Christmas and the New Year period. The Promoter reserves the right to limit travel when there is a large congress, music concert or major sporting events which could mean the travel package exceeds the price cap set out by the Promoter; JTB will always endeavour to find a suitable alternative.
23. The Winner and their guests will be required to complete and sign a participation agreement form (PAF), provided by the Promoter (to be returned via email within 7 days of receipt). Within the form the Winner and their guests are required to provide their name and address, photocopy of Passport and other details to enable the Promoter to check and verify their prize entitlement as a precondition for participating in the prize they have won. If the Winner or guests are under 18 years, this form must also be signed by their parent or legal guardian. However, as indicated at least one of the party must be over 18. It is the responsibility of the Winner (or the Winner’s parent or legal guardian where the Winner is under 18 years) to ensure that they and their guests sign and return their participation agreement forms. Failure to return signed participation agreement forms, or not having an adult as part of the trip may result in the Winner and/or guests forfeiting their prize.
24. The Winner will be put in direct touch with JTB to finalise their holiday booking and discuss the travel insurance policy provided as part of the holiday package. Full holiday details including airline tickets and hotel booking confirmation will be sent in accordance with the contact details as confirmed with JTB.
25. Airline ticket holders will be subject to Terms and Conditions of Ticket Purchase via the chosen airline company. Please check the airline company’s website for more details.
26. The holiday package must be taken as a whole, flights and hotels cannot be redeemed separately. The Winner and their guests must travel together on the same flight to the holiday destination and stay in the same hotel.
27. Ticket holders have responsibility for all tickets in their possession. Removing any part of, altering or defacing an airline ticket may result in you being refused to travel. Once in possession of the ticket holder, neither the Promoter, Coca-Cola European Partners, nor the airline you are flying with shall not be liable to compensate for lost, stolen, forgotten or subsequently damaged tickets. It is not possible to issue duplicate and/or replacement tickets.
28. Obtaining visas (if required) are the sole responsibility of the Winner and their guests.
29. Standard travel insurance will be included. However, it is the Winner’s responsibility to review the travel insurance policy (and the exclusions) provided within the prize package by JTB in advance of travelling and advise if additional factors (such as previous and current medical conditions or treatment) need to be taken into account. Any amendments to this policy – i.e. additional premiums as the result of age or medical conditions will be the responsibility of the Winner and/or guests.
30. The holiday is strictly non-transferable and must not be sold nor advertised for sale whether on the internet, in newspapers or elsewhere.
31. Any prize obtained in breach of these Terms and Conditions shall be void and all rights conferred or evidenced by such ticket shall be nullified.
32. Except where prohibited by law, acceptance of any prize shall constitute and signify Winner’s agreement and consent that Coca-Cola European Partners, JTB and their agents may use Winner’s and/or guest name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state, biographical information for PR and social opportunities.
33. The Winner may be required to take part in any reasonable publicity without further recompense.
Winner Selection and notification:
34. The Winner will be selected from all valid entries received between 20:00 on 26.06.17 to midnight on 29.06.17. The draw to win the holiday prize to Koh Samui will be draw on 30.06.17.
35. The winner will be contacted via Instagram or Twitter within 7 working days of the closing date by the Promoter with details of how to validate the claim process.
36. The direct message or private message will notify the Winner that they have won (subject to verification) and give the Winner information on the prize and claim procedure including FREEPHONE contact number. The Promoter will continue to try to make contact with the Winner via direct message for a further 14 days if they have not received a FREEPHONE call from the Winner.
37. In order to claim the prize, Winners will be required to call the FREEPHONE prize claim line within 28 days of the initial direct message or private message contact. If the Winner does not call the claim line within 28 days of contact the promoter will withdraw the prize and they will forfeit their prize. The Promoter reserves the right to reallocate this prize in the event of a non-claim to a reserve next in line from the original draw.
38. The Winner and their guests must each have a valid passport and have all necessary and relevant visas (if applicable) to travel to Koh Samui. Each person’s passport must have an expiry date no less than 6 months following the dates of travel, unless otherwise specified by a pertinent regulation. All passport and visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the relevant Winner/ guests.
39. It is the responsibility of the winners to provide their correct, up-to-date details in order for their prize to be processed. The Promoter or its fulfillment agent cannot be held responsible for winners failing to supply accurate information which affects prize acceptance.
40. All potential winners are subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions and could still, post qualification, be disqualified as the Promoter reserves the right to verify all winners and their guests to ensure attendance on the trip away will meet necessary standards and not cause the brand embarrassment by the individual or their guests. Part of this process may include questions during the claim process and a review of personal information sourced from data available in the public domain.
41. Prizes are non-transferable and there are no cash or alternative prizes available in whole or in part, except in the event of circumstances outside its control the Promoter reserves the right to substitute with a prize of equal or greater monetary value.
42. The Winner will receive no fees in relation to their entry into this promotion. All costs incurred by obtaining time off of work or study to take part in the promotion are the responsibility of the Winner. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred.
43. The Winner and their guests, must not have any limitations upon their ability or rights to travel to and from GB, CI, IoM. The right to refuse entry to the holiday destination country at the point of entry of your prize is held by Passport control and the country’s authorities. The Promoter is not responsible for ensuring the Winner or their guest’s ability to travel and is not responsible for any costs incurred should entry be refused by Passport control or the country’s authorities.
44. Winners and guests take full responsibility for any risks associated with traveling to, in and from GB, CI and IoM. Winners and guests must take into account any travel advice from the British Government to ascertain if there are any issues with potential travel and the Promoter and JTB will try and assist with suitable alternatives should there be major concerns. So whilst they can advise and recommend, neither the Promoter nor JTB is responsible for any loss or damage incurred by the Winner or guests that arises from them not following British Government travel advice.
45. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for any loss or damage incurred by a Winner or their guests should they be unable to redeem their prize due to a British Government travel warning. The Promoter will not substitute any alternate prize or cash equivalent where a Winner or their guests fail to redeem a prize for any reason.
46. The Promoter reserves the right to verify all entries and the Winner and to refuse to award a prize or withdraw prize entitlement and/or refuse further participation in the promotion and disqualify the participant where there are reasonable grounds to believe there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions or any instructions forming part of this promotions entry requirements or otherwise where a participant has gained unfair advantage in participating in the promotion or won using fraudulent means.
47. The Winner is subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with these Terms and Conditions and could still be disqualified after having qualified as the Promoter reserves the right to verify the Winner and guests and to ensure that none of them will cause the Promoter and its affiliates any embarrassment. Part of this process may include questions during the claim process and a review of personal information sourced from data available in the public domain.
48. Travel partner, airlines, hotels may take measures they deem necessary to ensure safety of the Winner, their guests and other travellers against the Winner and travellers. The Winner is liable for any damages or fines caused by the Winner or their companion due to unreasonable behaviour or any elicit activities.
49. The Promoter is not responsible or liable for:
1. Any entries/claims that are lost or delayed due to faulty, failed or erroneous electronic data transmissions.
2. Communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, computers or providers utilised in any aspect of this promotion causing delays or disruption.
3. For entries/ claims which are lost, delayed, corrupted, damaged, misdirected or incomplete or cannot be delivered for any technical, delivery or other reason. Proof of posting will not be accepted as proof of receipt.
4. Inaccessibility or unavailability of the Internet.
5. any material harm or non-pecuniary damage caused to the entrants, their computer equipment and the data stored on it or for the consequences thereof on their personal or business activities
50. In so far as permitted by law, the Promoter cannot be held responsible for any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential or exemplary damage or injury caused to the winners or their property as a result of taking their prize, unless negligence on the part of the Promoter or those partnered with the promotion is proven.
51. The Winner’s names and county details (plus the winning entry) will be available by sending a SAE to Coca-Cola Great Britain, 1A Wimpole Street, London W1G 0EA for up to 3 months after the end of the Promotion.
52. By taking part in the promotion, entrants acknowledge that they will be required to take part in relevant publicity without further consent or payment. Such publicity may include, without limitation, the entrant's name and/or image, statements made by the entrants concerning the promotion and/or prizes obtained by the winners as part of the promotion.
53. In the event of circumstances outside the Promoter’s reasonable control and only where circumstances make this unavoidable, the Promoter and those partnered with the promotion reserve the right to cancel or amend the promotion or these Terms and Conditions at any stage but will endeavor to minimize the effect to entrants in order to avoid undue disappointment.
54. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or Twitter and they shall not be liable in any way whatsoever to the participants. By entering the promotion, all participants agree to a complete liability release for Instagram and Twitter. Furthermore, any questions, comments or complaints regarding the promotion will be directed to the Promoter, not Instagram or Twitter. See the following links for social platform T&Cs;
· Twitter – https://twitter.com/tos?lang=en#intlTerms
55. Any person posting, or seen to be posting, comments to the Promoter’s Instagram or Twitter page or elsewhere during the promotion that are considered bullying, spiteful or upsetting to other participants, fans of ‘Coca Cola’ or directly aimed at the Promoter, will have their comments removed and will be disqualified from the promotion. The Promoter reserves the right to alert Instagram or Twitter to any such behaviour, which may result in the person’s account being frozen pending investigation.
56. The Promoter's decision is final and binding in all promotional matters.
57. No cash or other alternative gift available in whole or in part, except in the event of circumstances outside the reasonable control of the Promoter, the Promoter reserves the right to offer a suitable alternative of equal or greater value.
58. If any of these clauses should be determined to be illegal, invalid or otherwise unenforceable then it shall be severed and deleted from these terms and conditions and the remaining clauses shall survive and remain in full force and effect.
59. Your data will be shared with JTB Europe Ltd, No. 1 Farriers Yard, 79-85 Fulham Palace Road, London, W6 8JA, UNITED KINGDOM in order to fulfil your prize - we will not use it for any other purpose without authorisation. You may access your personal data at any time, have it removed or modified on simple request to consumer services on 0800 227711 in GB (incl. CI and IOM).
60. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of England. The courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction over any and all disputes arising out of, relating to or concerning these Terms.
61. The Promoter, unless not authorised to do so, will collect personal information for the purpose of administering this promotion. In administering this promotion any personal data relating to entrants will be used solely in accordance with current GB, IoM or CI data protection legislation and, other than in connection with the running of this promotion, validation of the data and any administration of the prize, will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent.