LAST REVISED DATE: 26.02.2019
If you have questions, please contact us by email at email@example.com , or write to us at: Coca-Cola Great Britain, 1A Wimpole Street, London, W1G 0EA.
1. WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Cookies are a standard feature of apps that allow us to store small amounts of data on your device about your visit to the app. They are widely used to help make apps work or work in a better, more efficient way, such as by recognizing you and remembering information that will make your use of the app more convenient (such as by remembering your preference settings). Cookies also help us to learn which areas of the app are useful and which areas need improvement, and to track your usage of the app to provide you with targeted advertisements.
First-party cookies and third-party cookies
Cookies are downloaded by your device the first time you visit the app. The next time you visit the app from the same device, the cookie and the information stored in it is either sent back to the site that generated it (first-party cookie) or to a different website to which it belongs (third-party cookie).
First-party and third-party cookies enable the website to recognize whether you have already accessed the app and, in many cases, it then make the content displayed vary.
Persistent and session cookies
Depending on their lifespan, Cookies can be distinguished between “persistent” or “session” cookies.
A persistent cookie is a cookie that is stored on your device until it expires or you delete it.
A session cookie, on the other hand, is deleted when you close your app.
Apart from the acceptance of cookies when visiting the app as described in the way as set out below you generally can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your app. For further details see below.
2. WHAT KIND OF COOKIES DO WE USE?
Below we list the different types of cookies that we and third parties use on the app: Strictly Necessary Cookies, Performance Cookies, Functional Cookies, Targeting Cookies and Social Media Cookies.
In particular, the Strictly Necessary cookies that we use are:
1. cookies which are solely used for carrying out the transmission of the communication over the internet; and
2. cookies which are strictly necessary in order for us to provide you the service that you explicitly requested (i.e. if these cookies are disabled, we won't be able to provide you with the service that you have expressly requested).
The use of Strictly Necessary Cookies for the purposes described above is based on our legitimate interests to ensure the proper technical functioning, access and use of the app, and provide you with the service(s) that you explicitly requested.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies are used to provide us with statistical information about performance of our app (e.g. to count visits, traffic sources).
- Functional cookies: These cookies allow the app to remember choices you make and provide enhanced, more personal features. This category may include third-party cookies.
Targeting Cookies. Targeting cookies are set to display targeted advertisements based upon your interests on the app or to manage our advertising. These cookies collect information about your activities on this app and other sites to provide you targeted advertising.
- Social Media Cookies: Social media cookies collect information about social media usage, to build your profile.
s below contains a list of all the different types of cookies we and third parties use on the app:
The Data Controller is Facebook. facebook.com cookie is used to retarget advertising via the Facebook newsfeed. The full set of data collected can be found at https://www.facebook.com/full_data_use_policy.
The Data Controller is Google. The cookie tracks user experience. Information on what is collected can be found at https://policies.google.com/privacy.